Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tipping for food delivery?

I'm an American in the UK and do not know the conventions here. In the states, when we order food delivery online, we tip (normally around 15% of the purchase price) directly on the website so that the tip is billed directly to the credit card bill. I just ordered food for delivery here with online credit card payment, and there was no option to include a tip when making the purchase. Should I tip in cash when the delivery person arrives? How much would be appropriate?Tipping for food delivery?
We don't include tips as standard in the price, you can give them something in cash, usually about a pound or two. But it's not as expected here as it is in the US, so if you get a crap person who is grumpy to you then don't feel bad about not tipping them!



When I'm in a restaurant and pay on my card and it asks if I want to include a gratuity I always press 'no' and then leave the cash on the table instead, just because then it goes directly to your server instead of being pooled for everyone.Tipping for food delivery?
A pound or two would be adequate. No matter how much the food cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment