Monday, February 20, 2012

Hot Food Delivery! To Tip Or Not To Tip?

My personal opinion is, if i dont have enough cash to pay for my food AND have something to tip the driver, I will not order. I would be too embarressed.



There are many people who dont tip ANYTHING! ...Even when its from a place that doesnt even charge the customer any delivery charge!



What do you think?Hot Food Delivery! To Tip Or Not To Tip?
Hot food delivery, I tip 10%. Live in the mid-west so we get by with a little less here than on the coasts.

I think it right to tip as often the people are using their own cars.

Their pay is more than wait staff at a restaurant, but they still are not being paid a living wage.

I agree with you about the not having enough to pay for the meal and the tip. Kudos to you.Hot Food Delivery! To Tip Or Not To Tip?
Thank You for the vote.

I tip in general any "service" type job, which isn't a direct sales job.

Like you listed.

Report Abuse


You should always tip the food delivery man.Hot Food Delivery! To Tip Or Not To Tip?
I always tip i think its wrong if u dont i tip 5 dollars everytime
I don't tip. But then in UK, its not considered compulsory.Hot Food Delivery! To Tip Or Not To Tip?
I do tip...and usually about twenty percent of the total.
why should I tip, I am paying for it







.
Next time you order food from them IF you don't tip and it is the same driver it will have "extra toppings" on the pizza. You don't want to know what they are. Even if it is only a quid you should tip. You skin flint.
Depends if the delivery time is adhered to and the attitude of the delivery person! We tend to use places we've used before and also base the tip on the overall quality of service.
In australia, everyone gets paid a wage... we do not tip anyone (well I suppose strippers and whores might get tipped... but thats a whole other thing lol)



so my opinion is - you dont have to tip, but if you're feeling generous, why not.
i tip accordin 2 the qaulity of the service i recieve
C'mon...tip...always...
I live in the UK and I always tip. These people who deliver us our food are on minimum wage and the extra couple of quid isn't exactly breaking the bank.
In england no one tips this culture needs changing we should always tip.
If there is a delivery charge then just a token tip around 5% of the bill. If there is no delivery charge then increse to 10-15%. Late delivery cold food, no tip at all and a phone call to the supplier.
no tip in the UK.

nice to, now and again, like at christmas. or if they do something special. go out of their way for you.



we get get charged enough already here. and a lot of the time the service is awful.
Always tip the dude!!

No comments:

Post a Comment