Monday, February 20, 2012

Do I have to tip the driver for Chinese food delivery if the restuarant is charging me $4 CDN delivery charge?

yes, drivers live off their tips. and a few cents goes for gas every trip they make. many drivers make less than minimal wage. and have to make up the other half with tips. restaurants tell drivers for tax purposes they r only paid so much because they cant account for how much in tips should be taxedDo I have to tip the driver for Chinese food delivery if the restuarant is charging me $4 CDN delivery charge?
I do. When I get pizza delivered they charge a $2.50 delivery fee. But I still tip a couple of bucks. It seems like a double tip but, what the heck.Do I have to tip the driver for Chinese food delivery if the restuarant is charging me $4 CDN delivery charge?
In my opinion, no. They are getting paid for gas mileage.
You dont have to but it's always nice to tip the driver. Alot of food delivery people count on their tips cause their wages are usually low.Do I have to tip the driver for Chinese food delivery if the restuarant is charging me $4 CDN delivery charge?
no
that's completley up to you, but I would at least tip a buck just to be nice.Do I have to tip the driver for Chinese food delivery if the restuarant is charging me $4 CDN delivery charge?
Yes, even though the restaurant charges you $4 the majority of that goes to the restaurant. Usually they give the driver $1 out of that. I would tip the driver ~$3. It does seem like double-dipping, but when the restaurant charges a fee it doesn't all go to the driver.
I was just talking to a delivery driver about this exact same thing. The restaurant charges a 5.00 delivery charge but can you believe that they don't get that. I thought this was to make sure they get a tip. The guy told me he only gets a 1.50 out of it. I think that is such a rip off. With the price of gas what it is right now. I don't think that is very fair. Only in America.
Free delivery is the norm around Ottawa. I don't think I'd tip on top of a delivery charge unless the weather was really miserable. I've tipped $10 in ice storms!
With most places that deliver, the delivery charges goes to the restaurant, not the driver. The driver is basically just a waiter. Sure, the company pays mileage and stuff, but let's be realistic about this. Most companies are CHEAP when it comes to paying their employee's anything! The drivers depend on the tips, especially now that gas prices have gone through the roof! You should always tip the delivery person, just like you would tip the waiter if you went to a restaurant.
How would you answer this question if you were the driver?
  • tagalog translator
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment