Friday, January 27, 2012

Food delivery etiquette with an apartment building?

i live on a third floor of an apartment. it does not have a doorman but it does need a key to enter the building. should i meet the delivery guy at the entrance for the food or can i buzz him in for him to delivery the food straight to my door? also, how much tips is appropriate?

thank youFood delivery etiquette with an apartment building?
HUGE tip if you expect the guy to climb 3 flights. Otherwise, if you meet him at the main entrance, a standard tip if ok.



if you order from this place often, I would tip well and you will always get your food faster!Food delivery etiquette with an apartment building?
If you can buzz him in then buzz him in. If you're worried about security then meet him at the door. And I usually just tip a few bucks.
FOR SAFETY REASONS, DO NOT LET HIM WALK THROUGH THE HALLWAYS! I also live in a secure apartment building and I can not stand when other tenants let pizza delivery men in the building. I mean, YOU HAVE A SECURITY DOOR FOR A REASON. I complained once to Vocelli Pizza because a delivery man handed me the pizza to my apartment door because someone let him in. Now, he knew where my apartment was. I started to become leery because about four years ago, I ordered pizza one night and the guy broke in my place later at like 4 a.m. I awoke to hearing my dresser drawers opening. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a guy kneeling near my dresser. After the police came, it turns out he was trying to steal my panties in my panty drawer. Luckily, nothing more serious happened. It may sound funny reading this, but it is freakin' scary to wake up to that. I didn't even realize he was the pizza guy until the police asked me if I had anything delivered that night. It turns out this guy has done this at several other apartment complexes, all of apartments of single women. I was just the first one that woke up. So, for the love of God, don't let them in the hallways. You don't know what kind of idiots they are.



As for the tips, 20%



By the way, by looking at your history in your profile, it seems like you ask all of these questions, but do not choose best answers....what is the use of asking questions.Food delivery etiquette with an apartment building?
Depends on the building and how much you know the delivery business. I used to buzz people in that situation and tip WELL. But if it was nice out I'd sit in the stoop and tip just OK.
Is there an elevator, or do you expect the guy to climb 3 flights to get to your door. Tip him very well, if that's the case.



Better to meet him at the door, and then tip the standard15% or so.Food delivery etiquette with an apartment building?
It's fine to buzz them in so they can deliver to your door. Usually a 15% minimum is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment