Monday, January 30, 2012

Are there any diabetic food delivery services in Australia?

a friend of mine has been diagnosed with type 2 and recently had a stroke so her eating habits aren't too good.Are there any diabetic food delivery services in Australia?
Hi Mel



I am diabetic too and I find most diabetic food a bit misleading. In short I avoid most products that claim to be suitable for diabetics.



The best diet is simply healthy eating. A good balance between fats, proteins and carbs. Eat fresh fruit and veg. Avoid sugary products (including fruit juices made from concentrate) and exercise as much as possible.



The glycemic index of food is important, but some diabetics have such bad diet that just cutting out chocolate, biscuits and cakes is the first step.



One way of getting a chocolate hit without the side effects is to try low-cal instant chocolate drinks, check the sugar content, but there are some quite good ones available.



Far easier to advise than to implement. I know all this and still eat crisps and drive when I should walk.



Obviously, you should really speak to a professional nutritionist, I am no expert, but I hope this helps.



Good luck to your friend, I hope she gets well soon.
  • book clubs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment